How to make homemade apple jam with 3 ingredients
Apple jam is a very easy recipe to make at home. It requires only three ingredients and 45 minutes of cooking.
You can use this apple jam for your toast, for American pancakes, to accompany croissants and any similar product. But it is also useful as an ingredient in some salad dressing and of course, for fun things like spreading pork chops, or better yet, pork ribs and then putting them in the oven.
For this recipe I recommend using Yellow apples, but you can very well use red or the ones you like, you can even mix apple types.
The teaspoon of cinnamon gives it a very delicious flavor. If you do not want to put it, nothing happens.
And well, this is a recipe with a lot of sugar. You're warned.
Apple jam recipe homemade
- 1 kg of yellow apples
- ½ kg of sugar
- The juice of half a lemon
- A teaspoon of cinnamon powder (optional)
- Peel the apples and remove the heart with the seeds.
- Cut them into cubes and put them in a pot next to the lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon (if you decided to put them). Stir a little and let marinate for an hour.
- After the time put all the contents of the casserole in a pot where it fits comfortably and pour a small trickle of water. Cook over medium heat for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from time to time with a spoon and watch as it gradually takes on the texture of jam.
- The apple pieces that go being left you can help to undo them by crushing them with a fork, although it is not a bad idea to have a jam with bits of fruit. It's your choice.
- If you want an apple jam with a much finer texture, you can pass it through a crusher or use a hand chopper once the 45 minutes of cooking have passed.
- Once ready, let it cool before using it.
You can store your apple jam in a previously sterilized glass container so that it lasts longer in the fridge.
Likewise I recommend consuming it in the shortest time possible.
We have many easy recipes at Comedera.Com including more jams like these:
- Homemade strawberry jam
- How to make blackberry jam
- How to make orange marmalade