How to make fig jam with just 3 ingredients
The jams are very easy to make. Practically you can prepare jams with any fruit that you like, and of course you can make funny hybrids.
The fig jam is particularly delicious. Its characteristic flavor makes this one of the best jams you can make at home.
It is also very easy to prepare, you only need 3 ingredients. It is practically done alone!
Once you see this list, you can use this fig jam for your breads, biscuits, cookies or as an ingredient in various recipes where the taste of a very sweet fruit works perfect, example: ribs of baked pork, chops and things like that.
Homemade recipe for fig jam
Surely you'll be tempted to go to a supermarket to buy jam, but it is much better to do it at home, it is more natural and more fun.
Look below how easy it is to prepare it. You only need 3 ingredients!
- 1 kilo of figs
- 500 grams of sugar
- The juice of half a lemon
- Clean and peel the figs and put them in a casserole with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Let stand a couple of hours to macerate.
- After after 2 hours, put the contents in a medium pot where everything fits comfortably and cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
- Stir from time to time and, if you see that the jam is too thick, you can put a splash of water to change its consistency.
- After 45 minutes you will have ready your fig jam. Remove from heat and let stand at room temperature.
- You can pass the jam through a pastry rack if you want a finer texture.
To store the jam you can store it in containers of glass with lid and sterilize in Bath of Maria, in this way they are going to last much longer before using it.
In this video it is explained very clearly how is the mentioned process of the Bath of Maria. As you'll see below, it's very, very easy.
If you like jams, then try this rich homemade apple jam.
Did you like it? this recipe? Share it on your social networks!
Other recipes for you:
- Learn how to make rice milk